green_smoothies_and_superfood_powder

Green Superfood powders are an excellent way to boost the nutritional value of your morning smoothie. Superfood powders may not taste very nice, but when added to your favourite smoothie, can become quite palatable.

The amount of nutritional value you get from a green smoothie is great, providing you add in the correct amounts of fruits and vegetables. Adding in a supplement such as Macro Greens will amplify the goodness your body will receive.

It’s a good combination over all as the fibre from the green smoothie will keep you feeling fuller for longer with the added nutritional value of the fruits and vegetables with the 70 plus serving you will receive through the superfood powder.

What is a Superfood Powder?

A superfood powder is a combination nutrients; made up of dried then powered ingredients such as wheat grass, barley. The mixture contains a range or minerals, vitamins, plant extracts, proteins, herbal extracts and in some cases some natural sweeteners.

Each scoop is designed to take care of an adults recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables. These mixtures and are good for vegetarians who don’t eat meat products. It’s also good for athletes in training. One scoop of a green superfood powder is more beneficial that a tableted multi vitamin.

Depending on the brand you select, a container of superfood powder can contain anywhere up 70 plus ingredients! The combination is designed to cover all bases in terms of your nutritional needs and give an added boost to your immune system. The powdered form allows for easy absorption by the body – contains the same value as 8 multi vitamin capsules.

Combining the Ingredients

When combining the ingredients, you’ll want to use a high-powered blender such as those found in the Vitamix or Ninja range. Both blenders have the power required to break down solid fruits and vegetables into a liquid form.

If you are new to blending and not wanting to spend a lot of money on the experiment, it would be a good idea to go with the ninja as it will set you back less than $100. The Vitamix on the other hand will cost a lot more – anywhere from $200 up to $400, depending on the model you choose.

Once you smoothie is at the consistency of a liquid, it’s time to add in your superfood powder. Simply add a single scoop into the blended mixture and continue to blend for 5 – 10 seconds. You won’t want to blend the mixture for longer as the friction of the blades can heat up the smoothie – if you have decided not to add in ice.

In summary, a green smoothie is great and joining the movement is fun and easy – depending on the products and blender you select. The nutritional value your body will receive will be off the chats – providing a much-needed boost to your immune system.

If you are wanting to lose weight, its recommended you add some level of physical exercise into the mix. Dieting or what you eat makes up for 80% of the battle while tiring out your muscles and making sure they are always on the repair makes up the remaining 20%.